In preparing for your delivery, we recommend you prepare the following items. You may also have other items that would make your stay more comfortable or enjoyable. Make sure to pack well in advance of your due date!
Hospital Bag Checklist
- Photo ID
- Two to three pairs of warm, nonskid socks (for walking the halls before and after labor).
- Hair Tie
- Sugar-free hard candy to keep your mouth moist during labor (candy with sugar will make you thirsty).
- Non-perishable Snacks
- Flat Shoes/ Slippers
- Comfortable Going-home Clothes (your maternity clothes should do the trick)
- Cell Phone and Charger
- 2 Maternity Bras and Nursing Pad (whether or not you plan to nurse, you’ll appreciate the support and leak protection)
- A robe you don’t mind sacrificing to the cause.
- Toiletries: hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion.
- Loose, lightweight clothing (maternity wards can often be hot)
- Lip Balm