Candidates for Treatment
The MonaLisa Touch® laser treatment is appropriate for many women but not all are medical candidates.
Candidates may include any woman who wishes to prevent or treat vaginal symptoms due to lack of estrogen in the following stages of a woman’s life:
Candidates may include women who are experiencing negative impact to their quality of life and intimate relationships due to vaginal atrophy.
Symptoms they may experience include:
- Vaginal dryness
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal burning, irritation or itching
- Recurring vaginal or urinary infections
- Urinary incontinence
- Reduced sensation
- Recovery from childbirth
Other candidates may include:
- Women who have gone through menopause
- Women who are experiencing post-menopausal vaginal symptoms as a result of a hysterectomy
- Breast cancer survivors who cannot or prefer not to receive estrogen therapy
- Women who personally prefer not to use hormone therapy
Mona Lisa Touch laser treatment may not be appropriate for women who:
- Have undiagnosed vaginal, cervical or other lesions
- Have vaginal or vulvar infections
- Are pregnant or within 3 months postpartum
- Have prolapse beyond hymen
- Have history of reconstructive pelvic surgery
- Have history of impaired healing or keloid formation
- Have known anticoagulant treatment or thromboembolic condition.
If you feel like you may be a candidate for MonaLisa Touch laser treatments, please give us a call for a consultation.